Friday, January 21, 2011

Posted by Erin Posted on 1:52 PM | No comments

Becoming Stalled

Today's post is a post of desperation. I am creatively stalled today. There are a thousand things I want to learn to do. And a thousand projects I have to complete...and by complete, I mean begin.

But, alas, the truth remains that I have a desk job where I sit in front of a computer all day. A job that asks me to turn off my right brain and think about data and numbers and statistics. And I am more frequesntly having days where my creative mind won't turn off. It just pesters me like an obnoxious sibling all day. "I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you..." Good gracious! I have to find a way to appease my creative nymph while I accomplish the job I'm paid to do.

So for those of you who have a day job and a dream job that are complete opposites, how to do you fit creativity into your job? Or how do you balance what you do with what you love? And also, what is your creative process, from inspiration to finished product...what does that look like for you?

0 comments: