Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Posted by Erin Posted on 10:20 PM | No comments

Becoming a Siamese Chihuahua

Did that post title get your attention? Good...I needed something to grab you since I am so late in posting.

Last week, I met up with a friend at a bookstore to catch up on life. We sat in the children's section. It was quiet since it was 8pm. All the kiddos were home in bed. As I waited for my friend, I went on a hunt for the best children's book series ever. It is a series I didn't discover until my senior year of college. One of my roommates was an elementary ed. major and she had lots of children's books. And thus, I learned of...

SkippyJon Jones.

Skippyjon Jones is a siamese cat who has a vivid imagination. In his daydreams he thinks he is a chihuahua. He goes on all sorts of adventures with a gang of chihuahuas. And they of course are written in rhyme. So SJJ says things like, "My name is Skipito Friskito. I am a great sword fighting bandito!"

These books are so cute. My mom gave me one for Christmas a few years ago. I can't wait to have little children in my life to read it to. In the meantime I will be content to read it to my grown up friends who think I'm a nut case.

(And I just discovered there is a website...here. It's not as awesome as the books themselves but it will do.)



Happy Journey!
Erin

0 comments: