Saturday, November 13, 2010

Posted by Erin Posted on 10:41 PM | No comments

Becoming One of 7 in 7 (Song 3)

Wow! I am exhausted. I knew this would be a hard challenge but seriously. I chose to be a part of 7 in 7 for several reasons. One of those being that I wanted to stretch myself in my discipline and in my style of writing. This particular song is very different from the stuff I usually write. For one thing, it's very depressing. I have a tendency to write "God is good" songs, or "Life sucks BUT God is good" songs. I have a hard time writing about the hard things of life without adding the "but there's hope" aspect to them. So, I decided that I would take this opportunity to just write about heartache...no hope to tie it up nice and pretty like. Just raw ugly angry heartache.

Now, let me also say that I do not feel the emotion of this song in my current life. However, I have felt it. I would venture to say we all have. I am sure we have all watched as our dreams died. Maybe it was a marriage or the loss of a child. Perhaps it was a friendship or even a career path. It is heartbreaking to watch what you have invested in come to an unmistakable end.

So, there you have it. This is not my favorite song of the week, but it is what it is.

Fields of Fire
Fields of Fire by ErinWoodsMusic
Categories:

0 comments: